Wilderness Presidential Resort
2020 COVID-19 Phased Opening
Phases of Opening Wilderness Presidential Resort
As Virginia restrictions continue to ease, we continue our phased reopening of Wilderness Presidential Resort. Several activities and new offerings are slated for the 2020 season, and we are looking ahead to June 12 when we will begin to reopen our accommodations, Adventure Park and Pools. With that as our next milestone, we are eager to welcome back our Members, Guests, RCI exchanges and Community friends. With safety and well-being of all at the forefront of all our planning efforts, we look forward to seeing all this summer.
As we navigate through this unprecedented time as responsibly as we can, we have implemented several new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. We, along with third-party Operating Participants, are all committed to a responsible reopening of Wilderness Presidential Resort. As the State of Virginia has begun Phase 1 of reopening, Wilderness Presidential Resort is open with limited access. With the COVID-19 pandemic in mind, we are taking additional steps and adopting operating procedures to protect our Members, Guests, RCI exchanges, Community friends, and employees. We are guided by the recommendations of the CDC, as well as Executive Orders from the Governor of Virginia, and both local and state health departments. We also ask and expect our incoming members and guests to follow the travel restrictions of their home state and community.
Please help us create and support an environment everyone can enjoy:
- Stay home if you or your party are sick.
- Observe social distance in public spaces and common areas.
- Wear masks in appropriate circumstances.
- Be patient – new procedures may cause delay or inconvenience.
Enhanced health and safety measures are in effect for our members, our other guests, and employees. For your safety and that of others, follow all posted instructions while visiting Wilderness Presidential Resort.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other disease exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, older adults and people who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Resort, you and your party voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to disease and COVID-19.
Wilderness Presidential Resort is open to our members for overnight stays.
- Enhanced health and safety measures are now in effect. Follow all posted instructions while visiting Wilderness Presidential Resort.
- Note** An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
- Currently most of our recreational amenities remain closed apart from a select few outdoor activities.
- Hours of Operation vary. Please visit our Website and our Facebook page for updated information or call us at (540) 972-7433 with any question you may have.
Phase 1 Safety Measures
As the State of Virginia has begun Phase 1 of reopening, Wilderness Presidential Resort is open with limited access. With the COVID-19 pandemic in mind, we are taking additional steps and adopting operating procedures to protect our owners, guests and employees. We are guided by the recommendations of the CDC, as well as Executive Orders from the Governor of Virginia, and both local and state health departments. We also ask and expect our incoming guests and owners to follow the travel restrictions of their home state and community. Please help us create and support an environment everyone can enjoy: Stay home if you or your party are sick. Observe social distance in public spaces and common areas. Wear masks in appropriate circumstances. Be patient – new procedures may cause delay or inconvenience.
Members and Employees, for your safety, please adhere to the following:
- Face coverings are encouraged for people ages 3 and up.
- Face coverings are required in certain indoor settings as posted, per Governor’s Order.
- Face Coverings are required for employees at all time when working in public-facing areas.
- Social distancing of 6-feet and a limit of 10 people in a building.
- The front desk will remain open via the side window.
- Please call the office for all business that does not require person-to-person interaction. (i.e. Reservations, Payments, Pumpings, General Inquiries, etc.).
- Disinfecting and sanitation measures have increased, including the addition of hand sanitizer dispensers in common areas. (i.e. mini golf, front desk, etc.)
Guest Parking and Entrances
During this initial phase, Members will be directed to use the window on the side of the Administration building. Park in the Administration parking lot and proceed to the window. In order to keep traffic flowing, please do not park on the side of the road near the window unless you have an RV and are asked to come through the gates. There may be no last-minute visitors. (Please note- guest cards are not in effect at this time.)
All members ages 3 and older are encouraged to wear face coverings when visiting Wilderness Presidential Resort. The Governor’s Order of May 26, 2020 requires individuals who are ten years of age and older to wear face coverings in certain indoor locations, as posted. Cloth face coverings should – (see CDC Face Covering Guidelines)
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas near the front desk, comfort stations, outdoor recreation, mini-golf, Gem Mine, Red Barn Grill or at the Wilderness Camp Store
At this time, it is recommended that all Members use contactless payment options, such as card payments over the phone and checks sent by mail. Amenities may require reservations such as the Gem Mine, Marina and other Water Sports.
Social Distancing and Capacity Measures
In order to manage the number of Members visiting Wilderness Presidential Resort, social distancing guidelines remain in effect. No more than 10 people inside a building at one time, keeping 6-ft apart, and using facial coverings. Camping units must have 20-feet between them.